1) Open Outlook Express
2) From the Tools menu, select Accounts
3) In the Internet Accounts window, click Add.
4) Select Mail... from the drop-down menu. The Outlook Express Internet Connection Wizard will open.
5) Enter your name in the Display name (i.e first & last name) field. Click Next.
6) Enter your sbcglobal.net email address and click Next.
7) Select POP3 from the My incoming server is a ___ server drop-down menu.
For the Incoming Mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server field type in pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com and smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com in the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) server field. Click Next.
9) Enter your full email address in the Account name field and your password in the Password field. Check Remember password if you do not want Outlook to prompt you for your password each time you check your mail. Do not check Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA). Click Next.
10) Click Finish to close the Internet Connection Wizard and return to the Internet Accounts window.
11) Select the account you just created, then click Properties.
12) Select the Servers tab. Under Outgoing Mail Server ensure that the "My server requires authentication" box is checked.